Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First time in a dingy

On our last trip to Birch Bay, Faith and Declan asked if they could play with the dingy. I said yes assuming that they meant swimming with it. They meant rowing around with it. I let them get in the dingy and pushed them out saying don't go too far out. I should have realized that they had no idea how to row because this was a skill I had not yet taught them. It eventually turned into a freak out fest because "It is too hard!" and the tide was taking them down the beach and I was not willing to wade out that far to get them. Eventually they got close enough to the beach that I could reach them and walked the dingy with the two of them still in it back to the cabin where they got out and asked if they could do it again next time we came down. I of course said I would think about it.

No comments: